Small Claims

Small claims:

A civil action requesting a money judgment for $10,000.00 or less can be filed as a small claim. Typically, these cases involve demands for paying debts, back rent, unpaid medical bills, failure to make payments in accordance with agreements, etc.

A current small claims manual is available at

The forms for filing are available online: Adams County Small Claims Manual and Forms.

NOTE: The filing of the claim occurs in the main courthouse, but any hearings are held in the Superior Court Building at 122 South 3rd Street (next to the library).